Ahh, happy Valentines Day and happy Beginning of Lent! I am limiting my Social media during this time unless I have an amazing sunrise or sunset photo to share! Otherwise, I hope to make a big debut on Easter 🐣 when He has risen! If you happen to read this I challenge you to go find a sunrise or sunset for yourself. Mine was a bit cloudy and misty to start #taketheriskorlosethechance
I couldn’t get over how much FUN these 3 were having yesterday! Started fishing but ended up finding marsh trash to fill 2 large trash bags. #vinylrecord and a #casettetape among some of the teachings. Better luck fishing next go around but from how much #marshtrash we collected, I don’t know as if I’d come back either #ifiwereafish 🐠
A few Motivational quotes on this #MLKday, (AKA #dayofservice) for every day of this new year so far, throw in some motivation from Facebook and #turtles, plus a plastic bag ban, the year is starting pretty positive! Now let’s think of how much styrofoam people use and exercises to prevent some of that waste too. FYI: Publix has a recycle bin for foam containers but All (Kroger, Publix and Harris Teeter) has one for plastic bags. #saveallmarinelife#conservationconversations
1. "Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter."
2. "If I cannot do great things, I can do small things in a great way."
3. "I have decided to stick with love. Hate is too great a burden to bear."
4. "No one really knows why they are alive until they know what they'd die for."
5. "The time is always right to do what's right."
6. "...the surest way to be happy is to seek happiness for others."
7. "Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase."
8. "I look to a day when people will not be judged by the color of their skin, but the content of their character."
9. "Only in the darkness can you see the stars."
10. “Everybody can be great, because anybody can serve. You don't have to have a college degree to serve. You don't have to make your subject and verb agree to serve... You only need a heart full of grace. A soul generated by love.”
11. “Forgiveness is not an occasional act, it is a constant attitude.”
12. “We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope.”
13. “No person has the right to rain on your dreams.”
14. “There can be no deep disappointment where there is not deep love.”
15. “Lightning makes no sound until it strikes.”
16. “We have flown the air like birds and swum the sea like fishes, but have yet to learn the simple act of walking the earth like brothers.”
1 3712:52 AM Jan 16, 2018
#Sunset - May I Never Miss One - totally my motivational sign -!why haven’t I seen this before today? Showing this rather than me doing burpees 😭 ☀️
2 317:48 PM Jan 11, 2018
238 butts picked in a very short time. Don’t be an ass, find a bin 😁
3 543:40 PM Jan 9, 2018
These birds are glad the snow and ice are melting today. So many birds and got in my Favorite #outdoorworkout today with a blister. I’ll take any blister to be able to get out on the water
0 408:01 PM Jan 8, 2018
After making it through snow week, I did complete 50 push ups, 15 min for 3 days on the #runkeeper app challenge, ran a mile in the cold and ice in less than 10 minutes, and dug out my sealskin socks to get out on the water tomorrow. Snow and ice might be melting on the island then #snowboard#SUPerCOLD#snowSUP#snowga first time this board has seen snow ❄️ oh and my best place to relax is on that @starboardsup on the water 💦 minus the snow ⛄️ #snow days #slowdays
6 481:53 AM Jan 8, 2018
I’ve got the perfect candidate @glidesup to win this board! My island gal @amy_margaret01 (picture2) is the sweetest and most giving person you will ever meet! She gives 💯 % of her heart & soul, time, effort and energy to everything she does and everyone she knows and oh how I wish she still lived by me. Back in TN and close to water, and #friendswithboards, she would be the perfect recipient of an inflatable, especially to come back to her home away from home on HHI. Her heart is bigger than anyone’s I’ve met, and I look forward to her each and every visit. Paddling connects friends even deeper and we have gone only a few times together but I’m up for the challenge of getting to paddle EVERY time we connect, whether it’s by the beach or near the mountains! I’m certainly glad we found each other and will be forever friends who share such common ground (and love of water) 💦 #glidewithgratitude
Merry Christmas 🎄 I am forever blessed - within a few months I have 2 friends to share in the #yolotribe and am somehow going to save sea turtles with this board too 🐢 I believe in Santa 🎅 and I believe in mermaids 🧜♀️
All settled in for these colder days and nights. But please, I need your help @makersmark we moved and this is the only “ambassador” gift the hubby looks forward to...
1 243:44 PM Dec 17, 2017
Beyond excited to get a #tiki box today from @starboardsup ! The whole package is so awesome I’m setting it under the tree and opening it again for Christmas 🎄 #starboardworldcleanup can’t wait for the first nice December day to get out there and I’m happy to give any other bag pickers an attachment for your paddle...a whole box of them!!! Thank you @bailey.rosen#starboardsup and Albert (I still love you for drawing my name) and @gjbsup for introducing me to Starboard many years ago 😊