Yoga is the practice of the heart. In this week’s class, we’ll head straight towards the center of it. There we can cultivate the soft soil where we can plant the seeds of compassion, loving-kindness, and divinity. Join me this week:
Tuesday 4.30 pm @TreeHouse
Wednesday 4.30 pm @ Embarque
Sunday 12 & 1pm @ YMCA (Avon)
ASHWAGANDHA 101 ⚡️This herb is the root of a berry called Winter Cherry. It is grown in India & has been used in Ayurvedic medicine for centuries. It’s natures chill pill with its benefits ranging from mood boosting to sleep aiding to anxiety ridding. 😎
It’s in stillness that the soul sings 💜🙏
8am Early Bird Flow with Lianna
10am Morning Flow with Lianna
4:15pm Slow Flow with Nicole
6pm Power Flow with Dana
7:30pm Flow & Meditate with Dana
Friday 1/26-28 EmbodyLOVE Movement Training
Sunday 1/28 Sunday Night Candlelight Yoga
Friday 2/2 Mantra and Energy Mapping Kundalini Workshop
Sunday 2/4 Book Club! Untethered Soul by Michael Singer
Friday 2/9 Love Yourself ~ Restorative & Yoga Nidra Event
My word for 2018 is practice. As an anxious female millennium I look forward to results.
I make my clients' journeys enjoyable and rewarding, but forget to do that for myself.
Patagonia challenged me to practice new things without the expectations to deliver. There was no end goal, no needed result, just the desire to learn and understand what my body was capable of. I think this was my first trip to explore my physical and mental health. As frustrating as some parts were for me, I absolutely fell in love with it by the end. -----------------------------------------------------
1 117 minutes ago
Little helper 🐶 just before Natarajasana (king dancer) practice! Felt sooo rusty with this one...it’s always way harder when you don’t keep it in your practice 🤦🏼♀️ but thankfully G helped me through 😂👏🏼🐶
Everything we do is a creation.
We are always learning, growing and refining.
We learn from our own journey and we also learn by connecting and engaging with others.
Here in the rice fields of Bali, there’s a lot of learning, growing, refining and creation happening with my fellow yoga teacher training buddies. 💚
You have the power to do this wherever you are, too.
She felt like doing her part to change the world, so she started by giving thanks for all the blessings in her life, rather than bemoaning all the things missing from it. Then she complimented her reflection in the mirror, instead of criticizing it as she usually did. Next she walked into her neighborhood and offered her smile to everyone she passed, whether or not they offered theirs to her. Each day she did these things, and soon they became habit. Each day she lived with more gratitude, more acceptance, more kindness. And sure enough, the world around her began to change. Because she had decided so, she was single-handedly doing her part to change it. ~ Scott Stabile .
Absolutely love this 🙏🏼 YOU are the source of all change, and the world around you will bend to reflect your internal world and state.
1 1010 minutes ago
These Push Up Leggings Are On Fire!🔥
Slay 2018 goals in these!🍑
Act Now! Click the link in bio!
2 5610 minutes ago
Few more hours til Hump day with Bonsee 😁😻🌸🙏🏽.
Tune into your senses Wednesday with our 9.30am Vinyasa Flow
Remember, sometimes adults require “Time Out’s” too...
>>> Not that I am claiming to be an “Adult”.😋😘☺️
Love is the answer!
Find it in Nature!
Be of service! >>>
You are worthy.
You are beautiful.
You are LOVED.
Take time for some self love, care and reflection.
Go Vegan and THRIVE!
You used to be not enough.
Today you are too much.
Too open and raw.
Too much to handle.
Too much to bare.
Too much to love.
There will always be people in this world who consider you not enough or too much.
There are only a select few souls who you will be right for. Your scar-covered skin will be just right. Your vulnerable, difficult mind will be just right. Your trauma will be just what someone wants to heal. At some point it will all be just right. For someone, just right will soon be an understatement -ad #goldilocks
12 2519 hours ago
Number one goal for this week: to not freeze my butt off. 🍑❄️ NJ is ridiculously cold & dreary this week and we’re at that point where your fingers and toes are just perpetually frozen at all times... so you’ll find me in the hot studio as much as possible🔥
Day 1 of #RLYglow is our first backbend: your choice of #bridgepose/ #setubandhasarvangasana OR #fourfootedpose/ #chatushpadasana OR try both! Read on for tips and additional variations.
1. Begin in a reclining position with heels close but a comfortable distance from your bum.
2. Press the small of your back down to begin to round up, bottom to top of your spine, until hips are fully lifted. Now tuck shoulderblades more under your back, clasp hands under your body, and press hands into the mat to send hips more to the sky. Press into your heels and relax your glutes. Use the heels pressing down to send your chest towards your chin; remember that your backbend happens in ALL directions, not just hips to sky.
3. Stay here in your bridge pose, or try lifting one leg and then the other while here.
4. Optional: continue on to four-footed pose by walking ankles in so that you can grab them with your hands. Be sure knees are not jutting way over ankles; remember you can wiggle feet further away again once you've got the ankle grip. (If knees are still too far over ankles or this is uncomfortable, just stick with bridge pose for now.) Then, press chest MORE towards chin--this pose is named "four footed pose" because you have weight in all four "feet," your real feet plus your shoulderblades. Optional (only if VERY comfortable): try sending one, then the other foot to the sky from here. To come out of four-footed pose, release the ankles, then walk feet further away from you.
5. Roll back down top to bottom of your spine and rest on your mat. Repeat as desired.
Post a pic/video of you completing Jan. 16's sequence, tag @runnersloveyoga, #RLYglow in your caption to be eligible for a whole bunch of awesome prizes from @essentialroselife, @freskincare, and @doyogarunfaster! Find the challenge announcement just a few posts back for more details!
And for more yoga for runners to do anytime, check out runnersloveyoga.com