Hitting the epoxy with a torch helps release the trapped bubbles. And- who doesn’t like playing with fire!? 🔥 Before pouring the epoxy, I sealed these pieces with danish oil. Once dry, I used packing tape on the underside, and burnished it with my fingernail so that the epoxy didn’t leak through. Nothing worse than pouring the epoxy before you’re ready to pour the epoxy (...of course I’ve never made that mistake) 😂
After two years of putting it off, I finally took out the second mortgage needed, to purchase a setup of West System epoxy. Buying from multiple vendors on Amazon, saved a slight amount of money, so the rest will be trickling in throughout the week. The pumps here, were the first to arrive. I bought a gallon of resin, and one quart each, of the slow, and fast hardener, as well as a can of low density filler.
I finally had the opportunity to try out the West System epoxy to fill nail holes and knots in some of the reclaimed lumber I'm working with. Really pleased with how clear it came out allowing you to see down into the voids so the character is retained but your food won't get stuck in the table.