Trust is my word for the year. I struggle with it. I’m inpatient. I like to know when things are going to happen. I like to make my own destiny. I’ve come a long way in letting go and letting God, but I still have a lot of work to do.
At a dream planning session in early January, I was encouraged to pick a word. Mine came so easily - I know my area of weakness. I know I need to trust him more.... with my WHOLE heart. There’s the kicker! Do I trust god? Absolutely! He’s gotten me thru some really bad times. But when I check myself, I can’t really say I trust him with my WHOLE heart and with EVERY detail Big and small.
Infertility (and well... any chronic illness) requires trust. For the first year, I drove myself crazy. I researched everything, tracked everything, took all the tests, posted in my app daily, had 4 surgeries to fix my physical issues... almost like I thought if I did all the work of everything I could control, God Wild do his part. Ha! Still waiting. Why would God entrust me with a child when I don’t trust my own father fully - the maker of the heavens and earth! I think January was a test too! Oh funny god - checked my heart and where I was at by me getting the flu and having to just let this month go. As if he was saying, “liz, I’ve got this.” Me... a year ago... would’ve been upset of another month of “disappointment”, but I’m ironically quite at peace. Ya the flu sucks but I know I’m supposed to trust in his perfect timing. Will we get pregnant soon? I have no idea, but having the outlook of disappointment is doing nothing but hurting me emotionally and relationally... and it’s saying to god that I’m upset that my preferred timing is not his timing. It’s ok to be disappointed, but it’s more important to trust. God has never left me behind - he’s always come thru.. just have to keep trusting him! #trust#letgo#christian#godstiming#proverbs3#psalm52#jesuscalling
Hello everybody! 😄 I know it's more than a week since my last post... so what happened?
• Social Media Fast: I decided to disconnect for a while to reconnect with God. Good thing I did because there were lots of revelation from the Lord when I decided to just stop and listen to Him! 😌❤
• Job hunting: I had interviews and pre-employment tests last week and it was a challenge for me as an "introvert". But praise God that I'm NOT bound to my personality, by His grace I am changed from glory to glory for His glory. 😉
• Training: I attended a training for trainors in our church. And guess what, we had a practicum/teaching demo after that. I prepared for the lesson that was assigned to me. Thank God for my public speaking experiences when I was still studying. I made it! Someday it'll be for real so I praise God for what He is doing with and through my life. ❤
• 1st Commission: My former mentor asked me to do the banners and other decorations for her daughter's first birthday. Another first for this year! I really enjoyed making it the hardwork was paid off by seeing how it made her daughter's first birthday memorable! 😊❤
Praise God for everything He has done in my life! Sometimes you may feel like everything's like a routine - no more excitement and thrill. But maybe it's time to disconnect for a while. 😉 I lost some followers, but that's okay. Nothing is more fulfilling than seeing how God used my life to glorify His name more and more! 😄👍❤ Have a blessed day everybody!
I know I'm several hours ahead of my folks back home, but I wanted to wish everyone a Happy and Prosperous New Year!! 🎉 2017 was truly an amazing year full of #blessings and new experiences! My top 3 experiences are listed:
1. Cam and I set a goal to step foot on 4 different continents (N.America, Australia, Africa, Asia) and we did that!! 🛫👫🏾
2. I set a goal to win my height class in a bodybuilding competition and I did that... 3 times... with 2 Overall Wins! 💃🏾💪🏾🏆
3. Although we didn't plan for it, my linesisters and I totally went #Viral with our 10 year anniversary #MelaninIllustrated photo shoot! 👙 Talk about #BlackGirlMagic ✊🏾👑
This past year also had quite a few trials that I'm proud to say I learned from and became a better woman because of them! #NotASingleRegret! 😎 As we usher in 2018, I encourage everyone to set new goals...THEN formulate a #Realistic#Plan of how you will achieve those goals. If things need to be tabled to 2019, don't be discouraged by that. Acknowledge that the majority of your life is already designed, but it's up to you to make things happen. Keep working towards any and everything your heart desires! #Believe in #Yourself before anything else and #Trust that you really do deserve #Fulfillment!!! 💖💖💖 #LiveNow#LoveForever#DrBritFit
This is legit the cutest space and offers (at least based on tonight’s class) some really amazing workshops. Today was a little bit of trusting your #intuition 101 complete with some great exercises and #meditation. My biggest question...”what if you know intuitively what’s what but you desperately wish you wanted something different?” Classic Head vs #heart. Story of my life.
A quote by Angelina Jolie --> "Without pain, there would be no suffering, without suffering we would never learn from our mistakes. To make it right, pain and suffering is the key to all windows, without it, there is no way of life." Follow @wowamiraa for more quotes, personal growth, and good vibes
Since I got my wisdom teeth taken out today (video coming soon) I wanted to share a quote about pain, that which I apparently have little tolerence for now... I'm actually really glad I've become soft in this regard. Those who have recovered from #selfharm will understand.
Maybe you have heard the phrase 'don't give up 5 minutes before the miracle'
The greater the pain, the better the resolve. I will never understand why but that's without importance.
There are some laws between the self and the universe that we must embrace unquestionably.