Погода в Будапеште меняется с невероятной скоростью. В воскресенье выпал снег, а в понедельник уже полностью растаял под почти весенним солнцем)
А мы переместились в Мадрид, тут тепло и солнечно, и скоро будут истории)
Luckily in #adelaide we don’t have timber power poles otherwise they would get eaten by #termites If you have timber in your yard and you see something like this then give Jim’s #termite & #pest#control a call on 131546 as you might have termites
And here's one for @delmoko: the European Starling. As you may have guessed, this bird is not native to America. About 100 starlings were released in the 1890's into New York City by Shakespeare enthusiasts who wished America would have all the birds ever mentioned in his writings. The birds quickly colonized the continent and now number over 200,000,000. There now may be more starlings in the New World than in the starling's native range in the Old World. What these Shakespeare geeks did not know is that this bird would become among the largest ecological disasters in our country. These birds attack and compete with other birds for nesting spaces, including bluebirds, tree swallows, martins, woodpeckers and even much larger species such as wood ducks and screech-owls. They may kill the helpless nestlings of other birds and take over the nest for their own clutch. At the bird feeder they prove gluttonous and will descend in large flocks (I had 60+ until I figured out a solution, read on), devouring a few day's worth of seed in an hour and leaving shit everywhere as their tip. They also cause about $1,000,000,000 worth of agricultural damage annually. As such, this species is NOT protected by The Migratory Bird Treaty Act. The destruction of eggs, nests, and birds themselves are all permitted.
Swipe left to view the bird in various plumages (in the order of summer, transitional, and winter). The last photo shows my solution to feeding the good birds and not the starlings. Starlings eat almost anything, but HOW it is served makes all the difference. A- tray feeder: Only offer foods that the starlings do not like (such as safflower) and foods in shells, such as sunflower and whole peanuts). Starlings don't crack open shells as effectively as other birds. B- adjustable domed feeder: can lower the height so smaller sparrows, chickadees, titmice, etc can enter, but not starlings. C- nyjer feeder: starlings do not eat nyjer (aka niger or thistle). D- Tube feeder: Offer safflower, which starlings do not like OR sunflower seeds in shells. Do not offer sunflower chips or hearts. E- Suet sandwich feeder: Starlings cannot access the suet within!
🌿🐛Not sure what to do with you. if I keep you, you will eat my veggies. If I take you away, I might be putting your life at risk... wich in the end is unfair cause you are not here to bother me, but because its your instinct.🐛🌿Got me wondering how many things we destroy or put an end to because of our own ego, because we think we are better or more important than the rest. We must choose compassion over hate... kindness over aggression. And let life go without us wanting to control every aspect of it.🙌🏽
1 329 hours ago
Feeling like Queen of the World in Budapest! I absolutely love it here!!!
5 Ways Westwind Can Protect Your Family!
1. Pest Prevention against poisonous insects- Scorpions, Black Widows, Brown Recluses are just a couple of the various desert pests that we can prevent and eliminate from in and around your comfort zone.
2. Financial Obligations - No Contract, No Problems. Most Pest Companies in Arizona charge around $130 per treatment and require a minimum 1-Year Contract. We on the other hand do not. Generally we save 50% on average compared to the corporate company. If you desire to sign a contract, we will give you free reservices!
3. Diseases from Pests- Roaches, Rats, Mices, Mosquitoes, Ticks, and Fleas can all spread germs and certain illnesses. From Lyme Disease to the Zika Virus, we always recommend airing out on the side of caution.
4. Structure Damage- Wood Destroying insects such as Termites can go unnoticed from the general public and can cost thousands of dollars in repair. Our trained professionals know exactly what to look for and the proper way to treat them.
5. Piece of Mind (Sanity)! - We all have had ants in the pantry or the occasional roach under the sink, but when it becomes a regular thing; it can drive your family crazy! Save your self money save your self time.
Call us today!! We would love to help!!! Julian & Danielle Gallegos
Owners and Operators
Black beehive beetle.
Earlier I posted a video with silvet bullet traps filled with natural mineral -dimacious earth which I place on top of frames in each box of the hive to trap black beehive beetles. The base of the hive is a mesh board (expensive ! but so worth it!) with a large tray underneath filled with dimacious earth.
Bees naturally hustle and attack beetles in the hive. Bees can't kill them but beetles run away and hide from the attackers. If the beetle goes through the mesh of the bottom board - it is a way to their cemetery.
When I put my first mesh base and saw the number of beetles trapped (and dead) in it the next day, I just jumped in the car and went back to the shop to buy more mesh boards. 😎