Studies show that this is the date where those optimimistic new years resolutions start to fade away and we return to to old habits!
We have all been there; periods of extreme motivation where we feel great and seek constant progression. However; for many these periods can be short lived and we fall off the wagon. -
What can we do to stay motivated long term?!
1. Set short term goals: This could be as simple as fitting into your favourite jeans again. Often we set ourselves massive goals that are far in the future, this can be daunting and actually de-motivating. Stay realistic and set achievable targets.
2. Track your progress: On many ocassions we forget how far we have came and often doubt the progress we have actually made! Progress photos, weightloss, inches or how much more you are lifting compared to the start is a great way to remind yourself how far you have came!
3. Remember why you started: What was the driving force that made you start in the first place. Maybe you did not like how you looked in the mirror, felt unhealthy or wanted to enhance your quality of life. Refer back and tap into those feelings to give you back that extra incintive not to return to that place.
4. Change up your training: Don't get stuck doing the same routine for months on end, this can become stale and boring. Yes there are fundementals, but change the exercises, rep schemes our even throw in something completely different for a few months if it keeps you active. Personally when I lost motivation in my training I tried out crossfit, now I am back and fully motivated with bodybuilding training!
5. Train with a friend: This can be a great way to get that extra push, it keeps both of you accountable to each other and serve as a great motivation. However; choose a partner that want to train as much as you do and doesn't keep letting you down as this can be a motivation killer.
6. Find a balance: Do not make your life revolve around training and eating, this can only last so long. Have some time off, reacess and go again. Find a balanced approach that works around your needs! -
Enjoy the process and train with a smile on your face😊😊✌
Had such a great time getting back in touch with my younger High School self today.
Skating all over Newcastle is always the most therapeutic thing ever.
Don't even get me started on skating there at like 1 in the morning. That shit is just magic.
I've said it before, and I'll say it again... Resin comes to life with movement of light. Photographs don't do any justice because you can't capture their depth. Once the artwork is on your wall, there's a fair chance that it will change colours depending on time of day and different light. It's like having a million different artworks in one depending on what time of day it is 😍 In love with this recent commission! | song > @cityofthesun |
@chelseafc 1-1 Norwich City [Pens 5-3]
Jeez we made that look like hard work. Poor performance all round to be honest. A few chances in the first half which we didn’t put away, other than that we looked pretty even to our opposition for most of the match. Good performances from @kenedy@bakayoko_official14@ethanamp26@_pedro17_. Bring on Newcastle in the next round!
Was pulling up some photos from last year and came across this cutie in New Castle, NH. I love the curvy lines of the dormer! Gives it a storybook feel. And the oar above the porch provides a clue that New Castle is in fact a summer destination. It’s a tiny little island just east of Portsmouth, NH, population 968 as of the 2010 Census. #newcastle
110 51512 days ago
🚩🚩 @theedwardsbar 🚩🚩
🍴 GINGERBREAD SPICED FRENCH TOAST, BLACK FORREST BACON AND EGG ROLL, NUTELLA AND MARSHMALLOW BEAVER TAIL 🍴
OMFG. WTF. I've been going to Newcastle regularly enough that to discover these guys have been trading for 3 years and i never knew, I'm mildly ashamed of myself. Nevertheless first impressions were definitive. Beautiful open interior, nice decking, great menu and some serious coffee. I really loved the Gingerbread French toast. The spices took some of the sweetness which balanced it well. The Missus got a B&E roll, swooned over it after negating the rocket situation lol. Kudos to the classic beaver tail desserts too. Very nice touch! A NEWCASTLE MUST TRY! .