Please, I need help!! If you can donate, please donate at [email protected] and specify FIZZY in the notes.
My Dachshund, Fizzy, had surgery one week ago today to remove a bladder stone. She did not appear to make any improvements after surgery, so I called them Tuesday late afternoon/evening to let them know something didn’t seem right. They said she was probably in pain, and dismissed it as routine. By Wednesday she had not had a bowel movement and still had no interest in food. She was still not urinating...only experiencing small dribbles with blood in them. She was not drinking water. I took her back to the vet Wednesday afternoon, at which point the Dr. said to give her more time. Friday, my daughter came over and immediately knew something wasn’t right, so we rushed her to the vet as a third attempt to get her help. Despite no interest in food, little water, no bowel movement, Fizzy being unable to urinate, labored breathing and a temp of 96.8, the doctor said she was constipated. He gave her a stool softener, claims to have done an abdominal tap (negative) and sent us on our way. My gut knew something wasn’t right, but I trusted them. It was the worst feeling in the world to see my baby girl fight for her life today, while knowing my gut was right the entire time. The guilt...its awful.
Fizzy began vomiting over the weekend, and it progressed to the point she vomited six times Sunday and couldn’t hold her meds down. We took her back in this morning at which point they finally admitted there was a problem and they needed to open her back up. Her temp was 96.4 degrees. We declined further care at their clinic due to the experience thus far and immediately rushed her to SAHO, where she had ER surgery to repair what turned out to be a hole in her bladder. While in surgery, they also found splenic tumors, so they did a splenectomy. They believe the tumors are cancerous, but stated they don’t appear to have spread. We will have those results back in 5-7 days.
Fizzy is out of surgery now. Time will tell if she will have long term kidney damage. They were cautiously optimistic after surgery.
Christine and Omar worked tirelessly helping us come up