This Greenwich Village apartment just exudes cool. @hellozso is an illustrator, designer, and creative director and has turned this 450 square foot space into a beautiful, functioning home in only one room. See more via the link in our bio. (Image: @melanierieders | Home: @hellozso)
So the lovely @ciaraelliott has tagged and challenged me to post #5thingsaboutmyhome! Here goes! .
1. When we downsized from a victorian house to a brand new apartment two years ago in May - we told the estate agent our wants - we had to have garden and it must be an old property! So guess what we have neither!
2. Our road is full of fab Georgian house/villas so the developers designed our place with that architecture in mind!
3. I drove up after having seen so many conversion Apartments/flats that were what we had asked of the agent but just weren’t right! Bad lay out and flow, small kitchens etc etc
I knew from the outside of this new build I wanted the Apartment! It was love at first sight! The super high ceilings and all the windows and the house is so pretty too and actually looks old! I made an offer on the spot! As I had sold my house on the first day ( we had an open day and had 17 viewings on the first day) we were a good buying prospect!
4. The apartment was a complete blank canvas except for a fitted bathroom and kitchen! And so I have added character with painting some walls dark blue and also by adding vintage etc, interior pieces and lots and lots of art! Also having Bespoke wardrobes made to my design by an amazing husband and wife Polish carpenters! !
5. We don’t have a garden but my OH and neighbour built a mini garden at the front from wood sleepers! See previous post!
I never thought we would live in a new build so goes to prove never ever say never! We love it! .
9 842 hours ago
Has anyone else been depressed over all of the Christmas trees lining the streets? My neighbor didn’t seem to get the memo that the holidays are over, but I don’t hate it. 🎄💫
Oh Friday, you’re lookin’ good already... If you don’t look at the dry wall patch that needs to be painted 😉 Also, trying to decide... Should I take down the grey curtains and put up a more natural/white drape? Or leave it the way it is? I would love to remove them completely but the sun blares in these windows during the summer months so we do need some sort of a window treatment. Any suggestions 🤷🏼♀️ Happy Friday!!!! ✨
One of my favorite moments from the move was our first morning in Colorado 🙌🏻☕️Thank you @brooklinen for making my bedding dreams come true ☁️ Use my code “courtneyrev20” for $20 off + free shipping on your next @brooklinen purchase #brooklinen#sponsored
Ready to make your dorm the envy of your floor? Click the link in our bio for our Pinterest-approved DIY projects to upgrade your room this weekend. | photo: @merebanks
Tulips & Poppies... in a whole new way. Released mid-last year, my original hand illustrated botanicals have fast become a popular wall art trend! Subtle and beautiful, add a little nature to your walls 🍃
SHOP my original illustrated and hand scripted pieces at OliveEtOriel.com.
FREE shipping worldwide on unframed art x
58 209310:49 PM Jan 15, 2018
This product uses the Instagram API but is not endorsed or certified by Instagram. All Instagram™ logos and trademarks displayed on this application are property of Instagram